And I mean… go to the campground so we can run on Saturday
So here’s goes nothing, and I’m all packed and ready for the Mohican Trail marathon tomorrow. (As ready as I’ll ever be that is!) I’ve got numerous outfits, just in case. Mostly it’s going to be in the mid to upper 80’s so a tank top is all I will really need. And bug spray. Who knows what’s out there on those trails!
We’re making our journey to the campground right now and tonight we’ll be hanging out with some friends, sharing some beers, and carb loading. I’m looking forward to a fun weekend! Oh, and running that marathon.
- We’re running the “kids run”, the marathon distance in an event including 50 and 100 mile races. Last year it was 26.7 miles. When I hit 26.3 miles I’m going to yell “Ultra marathon runner here!!!” and then ask them where my belt buckle is. hahaha!!
- Race start time 12:00 noon on Saturday
- My anticipated/goal finish time: 7 hrs (but really it’s just for fun)
- My rockstar finish time goal: 6 1/2 hrs
- Trail elevation change during the race: 12,684 ft !!
- Farthest distance I’ve run this training cycle: 16 miles . Yikes!!
Wish me luck!
Q: Got any fun plans this weekend? Staying home or traveling?
Q: What is the longest amount of time you’ve been out on a race course?
I finished a 50K in 6 1/2 hours. Dang, that was a long time.